At the current time, this site does not collect or store any of your personal data through email sign up or other sources. However, we have collected email in the past, both in the comment form, or for the purposes of email sign up. This information is optional and only collected when you have willingly provided it. We store that data through password-protected databases, which collect information only from the designated sign-up forms via WordPress and MailChimp.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information from you if you voluntarily provide it via a form on our site or email signup. No information of this kind is collected unless you voluntarily provide this information.
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postal code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to reader surveys
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information to customize advertising and the website content according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be retained.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to anyone. For questions about this policy, please email editors (at) dressforthewedding (dot) com.
Some of the advertisements that appear on https://www.dressforthewedding.com/website are delivered to you by national internet advertising and application companies. These companies utilizes certain technologies to deliver advertisements and marketing messages and to collect anonymous information about your visit to our site, including information about the banner ads they display, and cookies they place on your computer and your IP address.
All content and domain names on this blog is under copyright protection from its inception in June 2012 through the current date. ©Dressforthewedding.com, 2018.
Unauthorized use and / or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts of some content and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to dressforthewedding.com with appropriate and specific links to the exact page and URL link where this original content was found. Content cannot be used without proper credit by specific link back to this blog, and imagery found within this site should never be reused without first requesting permission. If you would like to share an image from this site, please request permission (email info at dressforthewedding.com) Template style and content topics and brand name are also protected under this copyright and should not be imitated.
Affiliate Program Policies and Disclosures
Dress for the Wedding is a personal blog, edited by me, with all content and visuals created by me. Unless a post is marked as sponsored, I have not received or requested direct paid sponsorship from the brands and products I feature in blog posts, (i.e., features of bridal brands or independent designers are not sponsored posts unless otherwise marked) however, I do use affiliate programs as outlined below to help monetize the site and as an performance-based form of sponsorship in many posts.
An affiliate link indicates that I may receive a small percentage or commission if an item I feature as a part of a post results in a qualified lead or sale to the retailer. I choose the items I will feature based on receiving image permissions, as well as my own my aesthetic preferences as well as their use to my readers for the purposes of finding wedding attire.
When I participate on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter, I may pin or post images which may occasionally have affiliate links associated with them. There is a disclosure statement for these programs on the sidebar of this site. In addition, most links are identifiable by a URL which contains rstyle, or shopstyle as an affiliate link, may not otherwise marked in posts before 2014- 2015. Subsequent posts usually carry an additional disclosure at the start of the post and close to the affiliate links, and as of 2017 carry an image in the post. If you have any questions about the nature of any link, please contact me at info (at) dressforthewedding.com.
In the case of most blog posts that feature brands, I have contacted representatives of the brands or products I feature, simply to obtain permission to use their images in royalty-free manner, and to understand more about the product, but direct compensation of any kind has not been requested unless noted.
All of the products we recommend are handpicked by me and featured solely because I genuinely enjoy or appreciate the aesthetic or brand and the item(s). Featured products are selected because they fit the recommendations and style of the Dress for the Wedding editorial content and the product would be of use and of interest to our readership. The integrity of this blog is very important; therefore I only recommend items that I feel correctly reflect the Dress for the Wedding style.
Please read more details and the most current version of Affiliate Policies here.
This website/blog is intended as an informative, inspirational and collaborative place where positive people come together to talk about wedding fashion, guest etiquette and will share creativity, stories, and wedding inspiration. The site is meant as an encouraging forum for fashion assistance and as a vehicle to inspire.
All constructive, respectful, and kind comments are welcomed.
Comments that are deemed offensive to the site, editors, other readers or commenters, or are found to be are entirely self-promotional, or a form of any kind of spam, will be held and deleted and, as a result, your comment account may be removed. The editor of this blog reserves the right to edit, delete, or not publish any comment and to block commenter(s) who have previously published offensive comments or spam.
Sources and Sharing Policies
All style-inspiration layouts are created by Dress for the Wedding’s editor, and therefore are considered original works and the property of this site. we ask that you only share an excerpt of the post or up to 2 images. Please also make sure the exact post on dressforthewedding.com is cited as the source along with credit to original sources and proper context are intact.
With the exception of our custom collages, when we feature wedding attire collections, Dress for the Wedding often not own any the rights of the images featured on this site, therefore, other products, photographs, artwork or any other intellectual property not created by Dress for the Wedding are credited to the original source.
We also rely on publicly available retail stock images, which we are permitted to use based on the policies of the affiliate programs we participate in. These found through our affiliate blogging resources, and other online sources where royalty-free use of these images is permitted because of the terms of service we have entered into. We adhere to the sharing and re-posting terms and conditions of those sites, and assume that if an image is found at these sites, it has been approved for use and distribution in this manner with proper credit given.
In some cases, Dress for the Wedding has obtained permission directly from the image owner to display the image here, or on those sharing sites.
We take proper copyright protocol seriously, and every image or product we feature will be properly credited and linked to the original resource where the image or product was found, and where it can be purchased. If you believe an image in improperly credited, please contact us at editors [at] dressforthewedding [dot]com so that we may update the source correct the issue or remove the link.
We encourage you to share our content through social media, but when a layout, vignette, collection, or set that Dress for the Wedding has created is shared, we ask that you attribute the image back to the exact URL of the original post on Dress for the Wedding so that it will be viewed in correct context with the intended credits.
This Agreement includes your rights, obligations and restrictions regarding your use of the Dress for the Wedding Services. If you do not agree with the Terms of this Agreement, you should leave the Dress For The Wedding Website. If you wish to submit comments to posts or communicate with other users you must read this Agreement and indicate your acceptance during the content submission process.
Dress for the Wedding may modify this Agreement from time to time and each modification will be effective when it is posted on the Dress For The Wedding Website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement through your continued use of the Dress for the Wedding Services. You will not be notified of any modifications to this Agreement so it is important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains some material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, some elements of the design, layout, look, copy, appearance and some graphics. Reproduction especially without attribution is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• Other copyright or trademarked works reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, Dress For The Wedding are acknowledged and attributed back to the original source on the website, and should not be reproduced by anyone else without permission directly from those sources. Dress for the Wedding does not claim any ownership rights to the images, photos, or any other materials from other sources that may be included on the site. These sources include items featured in sets created on Polyvore, and inspiration boards from Pinterest, other blogs, or other images for which we have received direct permission from the image owner to use for a specific purpose on this site. Dress for the Wedding adheres to the procedures for Fair Use guidelines for bloggers and the terms outlined on these sites for proper use of these images.
• Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• You may not create a link to this website from another website or document unless prior written consent has been given, or in the case where proper credit is given via link back to this site.
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States of America.