The change to a new year can be a time to reflect, usher in new habits, and start on a time of renewal. Here are a few of the ways I'm hoping to make 2019 a great year!
Sponsored post. These ideas for treating yourself well in the new year has been generously sponsored by Nordstrom. Affiliate links are also used in this post.
Highlighted products: 1. Jo Malone London™ Lime Basil & Mandarin Travel Candle 2. Herbivore Botanicals Coco Rose Luxe Hydration Trio 3. Herbivore Botanicals Mini Facial Oils 4. Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask 5. Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm
Treat Yourself Well in the New Year!
I don't usually make resolutions, but there's something about the changeover to the new year, that makes me reflect on what worked in 2018, and what didn't.
To that end, I'm excited to show off some ideas from Nordstrom, that make it easy to get a jumpstart on some new habits, with their 'New Year, New You' wellness picks especially for fitness and beauty! I especially love the offerings in the natural beauty section. And Nordstrom is always the place you can head to for life's essentials and little luxuries - whether it's coats, a cute pair of earrings, or a designer bag - they have everything to make 2019 your best year ever!
New You, Newly Engaged!
Now since this is a wedding blog, if you just got engaged, you may be taking the "new you" idea quite literally, as you begin a new life with your partner. Nordstrom has everything from the beauty products, and wedding attire that will help you during this exciting time!
The engagement period is one where you might also be trying out new wellness pursuits to feel your best -- I know I did in preparation for my wedding! It's also a hectic time where you may need to de-stress. That's why I am hoping the two sets of habits I'm proposing for myself -- Spa Day, Every Day! and Treat Yourself -- are also perfect for others; especially the newly-engaged.
Spa Day Every Day
Robe: Flora Nikrooz Tinsley Wrap | Skin Care Set: Mario Badescu Classics Collection | Under-Eye Treatment: Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask | Roller: Herbivore Botanicals Rose Quartz Facial Roller | Sunscreen: Clinique Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen Fluid for Face | Cosmetic Case: kate spade new york sam nylon cosmetics case | Facial Oils: Herbivore Botanicals Mini Facial Oils | Tinted Moisturizer with SPF: SPACE.NK.apothecary ILIA Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20
Did you make any resolutions for 2019? Did you pick your word or intention for the year? If you did or you didn't, you're in good company! I didn't do either of these things, but it doesn't mean I didn't give a lot of thought to what habits might serve me well in the next year.
Ways to Make Each Day a Bit Blissful
Here are a few of the ways I'm hoping to start some healthy rituals. As you can see, there's some skin and beauty care that I'm hoping to add to my routine.
Freshen up well-worn items
I have an old fluffy white robe for home, but I have long wanted a pretty floral robe like this Flora Nikrooz Tinsley Wrap that is thin enough to pack for travel, gives more modesty and style when staying with friends and family. And for those of you on the Marie Kondo kick like I am, this pretty print will undoubtedly spark a bit of joy when I wear it! The same kind of renewal goes for my makeup case; my old one is very dingy - so it's time to get a new one like this one from kate spade new york.
Try new skin care
My skin has changed quite a bit this year, and it might be time to try some new products. I love kits with several products to try out to see what works best. I had some Mario Badescu products for acne a few years ago, and thought they worked really well, so I am eager to try the Mario Badescu Classics Collection. I also have been hearing a lot about face oils for skin like mine, so trying out some like these Herbivore Botanicals Mini Facial Oils are on my to-do list!
The eyes have had it!
This year, I really noticed that my eyes are showing fine lines and puffy lids. Yikes. I started a few new habits in late 2018, and I have had good results with Facial Roller and a bit of retinol treatment to start turning back time a bit. Now I just need to make it a daily habit! I am going to try to use some eye maskes like Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask toward that goal.
Wear Sunscreen EVERY Day
One of the ways I've started to see my skin care habits catch up with me in 2018 was a skin cancer scare. Thankfully, it was caught very, very early and I will be fine. However, this means in 2019 - and every day of every year after - I have to be fanatical about using sunscreen.
Even though I've posted before about the importance of sunscreen, I will admit I have been inconsistent with sunscreen in the past, mainly because some formulations make me break out. Fortunately, there are mineral-based formulations for sensitive skin that have only Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide - like this one from Clinique, and this tinted cream from SPACE.NK.apothecary that I hope to use with good results!
Shop the Look
Treat Yourself to Life's Little Luxuries!
Ok, so resolutions and changes don't have to be all serious and routine. One of the ways I stay motivated is to occasionally reward myself with little pick-me-up gifts.
Lipsticks: Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm | Candle: Jo Malone London™ Lime Basil & Mandarin Travel Candle | Bag: Longchamp 'Small Le Pliage' Top Handle Tote | Clutch: VALENTINO GARAVANI Medium Rockstud Leather Envelope Pouch | Skin Care: Herbivore Botanicals Coco Rose Luxe Hydration Trio | Stud Earrings All sold separately. Pink Squares: kate spade new york glitter small square stud earrings Red hearts: kate spade new york romantic rocks stud earrings Gold Crystal: kate spade new york bright idea stud earrings
Here's why I picked these little treats:
- I want to try a new lip colors. I have one of the Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm and I find it's really easy to apply - which is exactly what I need. My goal this year is to find a red that looks good on me, so I might have to give myself the gift of one of these sticks.
- I want my office and house to smell good. Nothing is as un-luxe as a stale room, and with a dog in my office... well, you can imagine! These Jo Malone candles are truly lovely little luxuries. The scents are out of this world. I love that this little travel size can be used to freshen up a room at home or a hotel on the go!
- I have a deep love of Longchamp bags. I have three, and I want to get the expandable one for long trips. If you haven't purchased a Longchamp bag, trust me, it's a great investment. They are easy to pack flat in a suitcase for a trip when you think might need more storage or to tote around a few items for daytrips. I also use these as a day-to-day purse. The waterproof fabric has saved me - especially on rainy days! You can fit so much in these - even in the smallest size. I am very sure I've fit a light sweater in there! However, since my small Le Pliage bags are all practical colors, I think my next one should be a fun and pretty pink like this one.
- I hope to invest in a statement luxury piece. One of my goals for the end of 2019 is to reward myself for a what I hope will be a successful year with a designer investment piece that is a little different from my usual style, but is something I will enjoy using often! I am thinking either a bag or shoes, and this Rockstud Clutch certainly caught my eye.
- I need to relax and renew. As in my skin care routine up above. I also want to do more things that soothe and renew my skin - and this body polish and a rose water spray from Herbivore Botanicals seem like a fantastic way to do that!
- I want to try to wear a little sparkle every day! Even on the most dreary days, I can usually always manage to at least put on a pair of stud earrings, so having some fun and whimsical ones like these three I picked from kate spade new york, are a great way to easily have a little smile and sparkle in the day.
While I'm thinking of these as gifts to myself, any of these would also make great Valentine's Day gifts. Hint, hint, Mr. Dress for the Wedding!
Shop The Look
Cheers to 2019!
I hope this has given you some ideas for how to treat yourself in the new year! I will be back soon with some other ideas for a sparkling start in 2019! In the meantime, start on your way to your own 'new you in the new year' with Nordstrom!