Ivory, White or Cream Dresses for Bridesmaids
White bridesmaid dresses give a clean, ethereal, soft style for a white or ivory wedding color scheme!
White and Off White Dresses
White, ivory, or cream bridesmaid dresses can give an crisp and elegant look to a white wedding color scheme!
I’ll never forget when I first started planning my own wedding, my father gave me a wedding planning book that featured a cover image of bridesmaids all in white! It was beautiful, but I had to admit before I saw that image I had never thought of dressing my bridal party in all white! My understanding is that this is a trend that was made popular in some Southern US weddings – and now it has gained more worldwide popularity! IT seems to be an emerging trend for 2018 weddings, and we love the look! The reasons are clear – it’s an ethereal, clean and lovely look! Now, I’ve seen it on many blogs and in other weddings, and its a timeless style! Here are resources for finding white bridesmaid dresses for your wedding! And here’s one of my favorite tips: even if you aren’t planning on having your bridal party wear white, dresses that are marketed as white bridesmaid dresses can be a great way to find a white dress to wear to your wedding or for wedding-related events!
Shopping sources on this site use affiliate links, which means this site may earn a commission if you make a purchase after clicking our links. Your clicks and purchases help support this site!
Shop the Look
- For a rustic wedding –or perhaps even a beach wedding — I love the look of bridesmaids all in short white lace dresses. Add heels or dressy booties for rustic weddings, or beach wedding sandals for beach weddings, and you’ll have a great look!
- For a chic formal wedding, sleek white gowns are grand! It looks great if the bridesmaids gowns have clean lines or super simple, perhaps setting off a bride who may be wearing a more intricate gown. I love the Madison Dress, Legacy Dress, or the Jones Dress from BHLDN for this look!
- If you’re not sure that you want a stark white dresses for your bridal party, try cream or a floral print on a white background, or a beaded white gown. Try print from Jenny Yoo!
- Pick dresses that differ from the brides gown, but complement it in some way – maybe the bridesmaid dresses have the same neckline, but a simple, straight skirt, or perhaps the neckline, or length varies from the bridal gown.
- For a boho wedding try thses breezy styles from Show Me Your Mumu.
- White dresses in a mix of textures and fabrics are also great for the mismatched bridesmaid look!
- If you don’t want white bridesmaid dresses, but you DO want a reasonably priced wedding dress for yourself, shopping for dresses labeled as white bridesmaid dresses, can be a great money saver! You can find a simple white gown for under $200, that will certainly work for wedding dress too! I especially like the selections at Dessy and BHLDN for this purpose!
Where to Shop for White Bridesmaid Dresses
- Nordstrom always has a huge selection of white dresses that would work great for this look. Check out Eliza J, Dress the Population, and Lulus labels for this.
- Show Me Your Mumu – love the off white, lace, breezy styles they are offering!
- Azazie specializes in all sorts of colors, including white and cream bridesmaid dresses, offers dresses pre-tailored to specific measurements, and the price point is usually under $150!
- BHLDN, has a full section of white, cream and neutral dresses that are beautiful for this look!
- Dessy has a huge selection of white bridesmaid dresses, many that could easily work for wedding dresses, reception dresses, getaway dresses, or bridesmaid dresses!
See more bridesmaid dress and wedding style posts: