The ideal Mother-of-the-Bride or Mother-of-the-Groom gift is meaningful, and reflects your relationship with your mother or mother-in-law to be! Here are some of our favorite picks we think will help you on your search for a great gift!
This post was updated on May 2, 2018 and was originally written in May 2016.
Mother of the Bride Gift Ideas
With Mother’s Day coming up on May 13, we certainly have mothers, stepmothers, grandmothers, and ‘like-a-mother-to-me’ ladies on the mind!
These ideas will help you for Mother’s Day or if you’re getting married this year and are looking for gifts to give to the Mother of the Bride or Mother of the Groom.
Ideas for Mother of the Bride Gifts
This post uses affiliate links from our sponsors.
This sweet mug is by Oh, Lola & Co on Etsy (she has so many great gifts for the entire wedding party!) This Mother of the Bride mug could be a fun way to announce your engagement to your mom! Or, if you give it later, it will make for a special cup of coffee the morning of the wedding, but also a fun way for her to celebrate her role of honor through the whole planning process. A great gift for a tea or coffee loving mom!
What to Give the Mother of the Bride or Mother of the Groom
The perfect gift for the Mother of the Groom or your Mother-in-Law. ‘Thank you for Raising the Man of My Dreams‘ This personalized bracelet by Perfect Jewel Designs on Etsy, This designer also creates amazing personalized gifts for your entire bridal party!
First My Mother, Forever My Friend from Dear Ava on Etsy is a sweet gift for your mom for anytime!
A beautiful gift for a mother – get her a gem in each of her children’s birthstones! Birthstone charm neckace from Powder and Jade on Etsy.
Shop Gifts for Mothers of the Wedding
Gifts for the Mother-of-the-Bride and Mother-of-the-Groom
Pretty Wrap for the Mothers of the Wedding
If your wedding is in the evening or might be chilly, the Carlotta Wrap from BHLDN is an elegant wrap to give!
Gorgeous Earrings for Mothers of the Wedding
Help your mom accessorize her dress for your wedding with a pair of elegant earrings, like these from Nadri. They are special enough to make a statement, but easy to cherish and wear again on special occasions.
This chic little jewelry case the Chloe Zip Jewelry Case from Nordstrom, will help mom keep all of her accessories for the wedding, and after the wedding in perfect order! Perhaps you’ll put in one of the jewelry pieces we’ve shown here as an extra treat!
Personalized Family Member Sign Post from Uncommon Goods. A great way to honor everyone in the your new family, I especially I love this gift for far-flung families! A mileage sign like this for your mom is a reminder that even though family members might be far away, they are never far from her heart!
A Sweet Card
This sweet Foil Card from BHLDN is a lovely way to share your thoughts about what your mother has meant in your life on your wedding day. (There is one for Dad, too!)
And mom can share thoughts of her own, keep a scrapbook, or organize wedding planning notes with a Mother of the Groom or Mother of the Bride Journal from BHLDN. BHLDN has a whole section of great ideas for Mother of the Bride gifts!
A Sweet Single Pearl Necklace
Finally, this simple necklace to wear alone or to layer, comes with beautiful sentiments attached. ‘I Love Mom” Pearl Pendant Necklace by Dogeared at Nordstrom.
Here are a few more gift ideas and finds for mothers.
- In general, Etsy has a huge selection of beautiful gifts for Mothers made by creative and talented craftspeople.
- Do you and your mom think alike (and perhaps drink alike?) This Apple & Tree set of glasses (as in, “The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree!” wine glass pairing cracks me up! It also comes in a mug version. It’s the creation of Lace and Twig on Etsy.
- You know you can never go wrong with a great clutch! Pick a classic one like this Glint Shimmer Topper from Nordstrom, and fill it with all sorts of wedding day essentials (lipstick, roller ball fragrance, tissues, mints) for mothers on both sides of the aisle.
- Picture frames always make a lovely gift! Find a beautiful one that has been customized by the talented sellers on Etsy!
- A keepsake handkerchief for happy tears! I love this one from Just Beautiful Gifts on Etsy!
- The sweetest Mother of the Bride tote bag for keeping all of her wedding day essentials in place from AvenueBlue3 on Etsy.
- Mother of the Bride and Mother of the Groom custom robes from Monogram Works on Etsy – full of great gifts for the wedding party!
- Or wrap up a celebratory bottle of wine in one of these thankful for you wine gift bags from GracefulGreetingCo on Etsy.
- A great pair of designer shoes she’ll wear on the big day ( and for other events!)
- Need an immediate gift? These downloadable prints from Printable Lifestyle on Etsy are perfect. Just pick up a pretty frame, print, and you have a keepsake gift!
Other Mother of the Bride Ideas
Links in italics in the text of this post and in the shop section are from affiliates and sponsors, meaning that this blog may earn a small referral commission from the retailer, at no cost to the purchaser, if a qualified sale is made.